Arbitrary Fame is based on my personal concept of definition. Definition is innate. It is a silhouette on the horizon. Definition comes in many different ways. Some are personal and only we, ourselves, understand them. Other forms of definition are dependant on our interactions and relationships with the people around us. I am a brother, a son, a friend, and a writer. These are my writings. This is me.
Friday, March 29, 2013
Starry NIght
You
are my starry night. What I mean is that sometimes, when I need to think, when
something inside of me cries out for time; or maybe time cries out to me; I
find myself wandering darkened streets. Just so I can look up and see the
stars. Something about their unending constancy–even though I know they are
always changing–lends itself to my inner peace. For some reason I find that
when I look into the night sky, time stops, and for a moment nothing else
matters. Nothing else is as important as those bright spots sparkling and
speaking of far off things. This might seem strange; that a wandering man such
as I needs to stop. Yet it is. It may also seem strange that the thing I rely
upon to stop me is something in the sky; because the sky itself is constantly
changing. But maybe that is why I stop, because the sky, and me, we are alike.
Always moving but also always staying the same. So you see, you are my starry
night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment