Friday, March 29, 2013

Remember

Most relationships seem to have a beginning, middle, and an end. They are born, grow, and sometimes die, based on how much attention we are willing to give them. For a long time I've been a staunch supporter of this theory. That is until recently. I was recollecting memories of a time long past…These memories were shared with a few friends. These friends are long gone; some have married and started a family, others are gone geographically. For the most part–because of time, and distance–I assumed these relationships were growing dim. Then I took the time to remember. And I found myself carried away in recollection. Now I find myself feeling overly sentimental. But the truth of the matter is that my relationship with these people isn't dying. It isn't dying, because we'll always have our memories. And as long as we remember, I'm willing to believe our relationships just keep growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment