Arbitrary Fame is based on my personal concept of definition. Definition is innate. It is a silhouette on the horizon. Definition comes in many different ways. Some are personal and only we, ourselves, understand them. Other forms of definition are dependant on our interactions and relationships with the people around us. I am a brother, a son, a friend, and a writer. These are my writings. This is me.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
An Ocean of Gold
I have a dream. In this dream I'm walking through a field of wheat. The sun shimmers from above; leaving its reflection on the wheat. Each step I take makes the field sway like an ocean of gold. I stretch out my arms with the my palms of my hands down. They brush along the surface. A cooling sensation creeps from my fingertips all the way up my arm and into my spine. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. This must be like heaven. Just then I feel a sharp pain in my left hand. I open my eyes and look. A thin slice runs from one side of the palm to the other. I watch a drop of blood ooze and then fall. Staining the beautiful gold wheat below. Then I wake up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment